Friday, December 21, 2007

Religious but not empathetic

Not often do my thoughts provoke me into this kind of stuff that is quite thought provoking in the minds of people particular about pompous religious ceremonies. I really do not know if I am correct in putting down my thoughts about the way a particular belief should be. Being a religious person, I see some reason behind performing all these ceremonies for the well being of self. But being an empathetic person, I see some reason and pleasure in spending for the sake of the upliftment of race rather than sole. Now being both ways sounds quite ambiguous. I decided that I would rather be the latter after seeing the conditions of the bereaved or betrayed souls. There might be quite a number of reasons for a person to trust god. This trust develops into a belief when his desires get fulfilled, and this belief slowly translates into total obesiance without self-belief. This obeisance is accompanied with all the religious offerings which tranform the religious ceremony into a ceremony with pomp and glitter which even the gods above would envy. This slowly turns into a hobby by believing that an offering to god would fetch you everything that you crave for. The person starts to become more religious by not being empathetic. The same offering is not made to a trust which looks after the people who are left with nothing in life. The sole reason the person starts to think in this way is because of Obesiance without self-belief. It might be true that offerings to god could be translated into people's fund, but helping a person who is really in need brings more meaning to life rather than craving for pleasures which are predestined and not offering based. I would be an atheist by helping people rather than a theist who is self conceited. Do good and be good, that is what makes you superior to everyone.

1 comment: