Friday, March 6, 2009

Memories

Born on a day when happiness held its say,
Born on a day when darkness lay at bay,
Born on a day when eagerness made its way.
Born on a day when I was just a day.

Born on a day when everyone wanted to say,
I made their day.
Born on a day when I tried to say,
I am just too young to say 'Hey'.
Born on a day that would never say
I would wait for the moments to stay.

Day was away, and it was the time that was pulling me away
Time raced away, and I was big enough to say,
Mama, I think I can go out and play.

Time raced away, and I was growing big
each day only for the memories to say,
I was once a part of your day.

Happiness, sadness, all become a part of our stay. But the only thing that keeps me awake is the memories that I have till I hear the say 'I am here to take you away'.

3 comments:

Rajeev Turlapati said...

abstract...
you are running away from or is something approaching?
well i take innocence,life,aging,etc... from the poem..
good enough.. :)

Vijayturlapati said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vijayturlapati said...

its not me buddy...its the time that plays a major game in the background..it pulls us to this world and or takes us away and we are left with memories to say